Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Support Letter

Dear Friends and Family,

Hey! I hope this letter finds you well! I'm here to write to you about an awesome opportunity that's recently come up in my life.

This past year, my heart has really been stirring to go do something with my life. An intense desire has begun to form in my heart to show the love of God to people. For awhile, it's been something my heart has just been screaming at me to do, that I had been ignoring. But now I'm taking the empty pages of my life and beginning to write something on them.

From September 4th through April 1st, God has offered me a chance to go to Germany and a third world country (to be determined) with Youth With A Mission. This Discipleship Training School will take me through an intense three and a half month course teaching me the ins and outs of film making, and how to use those skills to spread the Gospel. Not only will I be learning this trade, I'll also be learning about Jesus, and the ways of outreach and being a disciple. After learning about all this, I will be flying out to a third world country for ten weeks to use the skills I learned to minister and reach out to the people there.

The amazing thing about all of this is the point it's come in my life. Through the grace of God, I've just graduated, and just turned sixteen. Huge milestones in my life. I found myself at a crossroad, one way college, and the other way, this great adventure. Now, I'm not going to skip college. That'll come in time. But I find this a prequel to college, because really, this is what I want to do with my life. I want to use video making to show God's love to the world. And this is just the perfect opportunity to learn how to do so.

My parents have shown me their full support in my mission. Most noticeably so, they purchased my camera for me as a graduation present. I have the Panasonic HDC-TM700, in case any of you want to check that out. It's really excellent to have great parents backing me in this adventure I'm about to embark on.

God has presented me with a truly awesome opportunity. However, getting there is half the battle. I still have a few months before I go, which could have many trials. Which is where you all come in. I'm asking for a lot of prayer. It's gonna be a wild ride, and I can use all the support I can get. I know when two or three are gathered in His name, things start to happen. So I'd really like to ask for your prayers. Prayers for fortitude, strength during the journey, preparation of my soul, preparation of the hearts of those I'll be ministering to, and that I can raise the necessary funds, would all be so appreciated.

I've never thought myself as one who flakes on trusting on God. In fact, I would hopefully be able to truthfully say that I'm a man of great faith. Sometimes though, when there's something big you're praying for, it's hard to trust that He'll come through. In total, I need to raise about $11,000 for this trip. Which is do-able, but crazy. I'm willing to completely fall back on God and let Him work it out. It's pretty darn scary, but I'm still falling back on Him. So I'm giving it all I have, and trusting Him for the rest. My graduation money, car money, and the money I'll be making at my summer job will all go towards this adventure.

Ideally, I would like to raise all the money by August 20th, so that I'll be fully prepared to leave. I've enclosed a little form that you can fill out and send to me if you feel led. I appreciate any and all support you give.

There are two ways you can follow my journey while I'm in the States, and once I leave. The first would be to check out my blog at: http://inomniaparatuss.blogspot.com
There is a paypal button on my blog that you can use to donate, if that would be easier. The second would be to follow my youtube page, at: http://youtube.com/caboose1681

One last note. I know I'm asking for a lot of support and I realize you may have your own challenges in life. So I'd like to offer to pray for you, too. If you'd like, you may write out your prayer requests on the back of the return card. I will carry it with me while I'm in Germany to remember you and pray for you!

Thank you very much, and I hope to hear from you!  

Much love,

Mikey Evans

No comments: