Wednesday, November 03, 2010

And the Winner Is...

Sorry for my infrequent posts. A lot has been going on here in Deutschland. I miss and love all of you at home, and thank you so much for the support and prayer. It has been carrying me through for sure.

A little bit of back tracking: about a month and a half ago, we moved out of the side building where we were staying. We had a DTS that came and stayed with us for a month, and we needed room for them. So we moved out into the Jesus Haus, which is a community place in town. It was really cool to live in town for a little while, and just to be around the Jesus Haus community. There were a lot of cool people there. Even so, it's amazing to be back in the side building. We've moved back in this Saturday. The community in our side building is amazing. I love all the guys there, and we really have a great brotherhood. Even though there's only about 25 of us, and 100+ girls. But it's a great brotherhood.

Coming up this Thursday, we have a Not For Sale conference that we as a DTS are hosting, in Hamburg. Not For Sale is an organization that fights against sex trafficking. The video track will be filming the whole thing, and we'll probably be making a dvd of the conference afterwards. It's going to be an amazing conference, and I'm sure it will pump a lot of us up for outreach.

In other news, I joined an improv team called the Cosmic Flabbergasted Aardvark Hammocks. We improved up the name, each of saying the first word that came to our heads. I thought that would be a good start. We're going to have improv competitions to see who will win the Herrnhut Cup! It's going to be great.

Just to let everyone know, DTS stands for Discipleship Training School. And Marriage of the Arts, the school I'm at, is basically an art focused DTS where all different art forms like video, photography, dance, etc, get together and use their art to glorify God. :)

I'll let you guys know how the conference is when I get back. Love you all, and thanks again for your support! IT means the world to me.


-Mikeyy

Also, if you want to send me snail mail:

Mikey Evans
Youth With a Mission
Untere Dorfstr. 56
02747 Herrnhut
Germany


Send me mail! :D

1 comment:

Aunt Cheryl/ Uncle Bill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.