Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Roasted Weenies

Oh, the castle life.


Sorry my updates have been infrequent and short. Still getting used to living in Herrnhut, Germany! But boy is it awesome. Everything around me is absolutely beautiful. We live in the side building to the castle, and it's pretty cool. It's a little cold, but we all have stoves in our rooms that keep us warm. We all have work duties, and mine is to clean the side building with my friend Sean. It's a lot of fun. Today we started painting the hallways red. No lie, it looks pretty sweet. When we're all done, I'll shoot a video for you guys. Show you around the castle, around the side building, the grounds, and maybe a little of Herrnhut.

Anyway, just wanted to update you guys a little bit. I'm having so much fun! Video track started last week, and it's been a blast. We shot a few short videos, and shot a hardcore concert. It's been a blast. I love my teachers, and I love my five classmates. It's amazing.

I've been meeting so many new people here. It's awesome. I probably have around 60 or 70 new friends, and that number is steadily growing. There's about 125 students here, which is one of the biggest amounts a DTS has had. And we're the first DTS to ever do Marriage of the Arts. It's pretty amazing the pioneering we're all doing. And we didn't even know when we signed up ;)

This year is the 50th anniversary of YWAM. That being said, we're going to Switzerland for a 50th anniversary party at the first ever YWAM base in Lasoun, Switzerland. It's gonna be a blast. We leave this Sunday, and are there till Wednesday. I honestly cannot wait to see Switzerland. It's gonna be beautiful, and we'll likely get to meet the Cunninghams, who started YWAM!

So. A brief overview of how my day goes:

6-7: Wake Up
7-7:30: Breakfast
7:30-8:30(Tuesdays only): Bible Study
8:30-9:30: Worship, Intercession, or Prayer for the Nations
9:30-11: Speaker talks
11-11:30: Coffee Break
11:30-1: Video track on TUES, WED, THURS. Workshops with the Speakers otherwise
1:30-2:30: Lunch
2:30-4:30: Work Duty
4:30-6: Video Track TUES, WED, THURS
6-8: Dinner
8-10: Free time
10: Leave the castle.
11: Lights out
And Weekends are basically free.



It's pretty phenomenal! Anyway, I must go. It's free time, so I'm gonna go hang with some friends, but I wanted to update you guys :) Love you all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mikey,
What does DTS mean? What is Marriage of the Arts?
Look forward to the video of the castle and the RED hallway!
Your schedule sounds really interesting...and very full! Do you like the Bible studies and worship time?
I loved Switzerland when Chrissy and I toured Europe, but have to say that Austria was my favorite.
Prayers always,
Gma Becky & Gpa Chuck

After Wave said...

That sounds AMAZING! PS, I totally love that you have stoves keeping you warm. Awesome much?
Jealously missing you,
Maxi-me