Thursday, May 06, 2010

Today I was Shot

Today I embarked on the beginning of my journey. Getting shot in the arm.

With needles of course. No guns to speak of. Except for, y'know, the guns the needles went into. But that's a different story.

Today I got my Polio and Hep-A shot. Now I'm not crazy about shots, but they usually don't phase me. Unfortunately, I went a little overboard in assuming I was fine, and went to work out afterwards. Normally, it wouldn't be a terrible idea, but I had shots in both arms, and one was supposed to make my arm extra sore. And it did. Let's just say I have trouble lifting my arm the whole way.

And as if that wasn't silly enough, following that I went out and played tennis with my friend Doug. Which was a lot of fun, and a good warm up. But very silly all things considered. Oh, the joy of living with low inhibitions.

Anyway, that's where I'm at so far. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

After Wave said...

LOL "except for the guns the needles went into"

Anonymous said...

Mikey - I just read your blog for the first time and will keep up with it for all the YWAM details! How exciting that you get to go to Germany. I've been there once and the part I saw was beautiful. Rick lived in Germany for 7 years as a kid (his dad was in the military). Look forward to reading the next post...
Aunt Chris